- 8 to 10lb bone-in spiral-sliced ham
- 1 cup brown sugar – I used golden brown sugar, but any variety will be great
- 1/2 cup pineapple or orange juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tbsps dijon mustard
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
Prepare the Honey Brown Sugar Glaze
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine all ingredients for the glaze using a whisk. As the glaze heats, stir consistently to ensure spices are well incorporated. Continue heating and stirring until the glaze thickens up a bit and to your liking.
- Once the glaze is ready, remove from heat and set aside until ready to use with your ham. If the mixture thickens up a bit before you get a chance to put it on the ham, you can gently heat it back up over low heat.
How to Prepare Baked Honey Glazed Ham
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Remove any excess moisture from the ham by patting it with paper towel. This will allow the glaze to stick better to the ham! 😊
- Place the ham in a roasting pan or similar oven-proof pan. For this recipe, I used my large heavy-bottomed stainless steel frying pan – it works just as well as a roasting pan. 😊
- Evenly pour about 3/4 worth of the prepared honey glaze over the ham and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake the ham for about 2 1/2 hours. In the last 20 minutes of cooking, remove the ham from the oven and coat with the remaining reserved glaze.
Raise the heat to 425°F and return the ham to the oven uncovered to cook for the last 20 minutes.
- Allow the ham to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
If you’d like the top crisper and more golden, be sure to spoon some of the glaze from the bottom of the dish over the top of your ham, and then turn on the broiler setting of your oven for a few minutes. Make sure to keep a close eye on your ham and remove it once it’s browned to your liking.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours 30 min
- Category: Main
- Method: Oven