Welcome! I'm so glad you're here!
You're looking for the Ultimate Chocolate Chip muffin recipe, right?
Well, you've found them!
These muffins are such yummy treats – they taste great no matter what time of the day or occasion you have them. They're great with breakfast, as a snack or even for a dessert.
These fluffy chocolate chip muffins are perfect for satisfying your craving for yumminess!
I remember when I was growing up there were some absolutely amazing chocolate chip muffins sold in my school's cafeteria. I realize that normally when a person thinks of school cafeterias they probably don't automatically think of deliciousness, but it makes me think about the amazing muffins they had!
Those things were hand made by our caring and motherly cafeteria lady and were something special. They were so good that they could have been compared to homemade bakery style muffins!
You know, the ones with the giant muffin top? …. drool….
I made these muffins as sort of a tribute to those amazing ones I remember having back in school.
These are moist, soft and fluffy and have just the perfect amount of muffin top puffed upness (I don't think that's a proper word – but you know what I mean! lol).
One of the things I've noticed fancy bakery shops do is to add a little coarse sugar to the tops of their chocolate chip muffins. Although this is optional I just couldn't resist putting some on! It gives the tops a nice little sweet crunch when you take a bite and it looks so pretty!
Nothing better than a “blinged” out muffin! lol
Before we jump right into recipe and make these irresistible chocolate chip muffins, there's a few tips you need to know so that the method and recipe turns out absolutely perfect every single time.
A few Tips for making Ultimate Muffins:
Before we get to the recipe at the bottom of the post, please take a look at these tips!
- When you combine the wet and the dry ingredients DON'T overdo it with the stirring. When you combine the wet with the dry ingredients you want to gently mix everything until just combined. Once the dry ingredients disappear into the wet – stop. Being too vigorous with your mixing will make it difficult for the muffins to rise properly and they will become too dense and puck like.
- If you're looking for a nice puffed up muffin top make sure that you pay close attention to the adjustment to the heating temperatures during the baking process. I use a higher temperature at the beginning of the baking process and this ensures that those lovely tops puff up just right. Keep in mind that your oven's internal temperature may vary from mine so keep an eye on them.
For more tips on making the perfect muffins, check out my post 7 Tips for Preventing the Dreaded “Muffins of Disappointment”. 🙂
Now, are you ready to make the best chocolate chip muffins you ever tasted?!
Find out exactly how I make this in the recipe below. 🙂
I hope you enjoy them as much as we do! 🙂
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp + 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Optional – 1 tbsp coarse sugar – the clear kind that's used for decorating confections,etc
- Pre-heat the oven to 425°F.
- Using cooking spray coat the muffin pan. Make sure that the whole top is covered, not just the part that the batter goes into.
- Place paper muffin/cupcake liners into the muffin pan.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl and mix with a whisk so that everything is well combined. Stir in 1 3/4 cups of the chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl combine all the wet ingredients, making sure the eggs are well incorporated as well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined. IMPORTANT: If you stir too much the muffins will become too dense and more like a puck. You want the muffins to be fluffy and moist just stir everything until the dry ingredients just combine with everything.
- Scoop out the batter evenly into each section of the muffin pan.
- Sprinkle the tops of the batter with the remaining chocolate chips and the coarse sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 7 minutes at 425°F then reduce the heat to 375°F and bake for 15-20 min.
- Once the muffins are finished baking cool in the muffin pan for 5-10 minutes.
Looking for more muffin recipes?
Check out my post for 20 Scrumptious Muffin Recipes You've Got to Try! 😀