Crepes have always been a favorite in my family! There are so many ways to fill and dress dessert crepes it's no wonder why so many people enjoy them!
In this post I share with you how I make a delicious and sweet dessert crepe batter PLUS you get to see my Youtube debut! 🙂
See how those lovely crepes look so happy hugging it's whipped cream and mixed berry filling?
Yes, those are some very happy crepes and you'll be happy too when you make these for your family!!
The recipe in this post is for a basic crepe batter that you can use with any filling or dessert topping you'd like. Use your imagination or use whatever tickles your fancy! 🙂
Sometimes we like to have the crepes with apple pie filling!
Rather than just write about these lovely little things, I thought I would share with you how I make them in my very first YouTube video!
You may or may not be able to tell, but I was a little nervous filming this – but it was fun to put together and I hope to make more of these little recipe videos to share with you. 🙂
Be sure to check out my bloopers too – I've made many a crepe in my day and I still sometimes have issues with getting them out of the pan! lolPrint
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- vegetable oil
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients and mix thoroughly with a whisk until smooth and well combined. There should be no lumps.
- Heat up a pan to medium heat with a little bit of vegetable oil.
- Using a ladle spoon in some batter (about 1 1/2 scoops).
- Turn the heat down so that the crepe won't burn! It should be on low heat now.
- Rotate the pan so that the crepe batter spreads over the surface of the pan in a thin layer.
- Cook for about 1 – 1 1/2 minutes and remove from the pan using a large spatula, chop stick, or something similar (see my video above).
- Only cook the crepe on one side!
- Place the crepe on a layer of parchment paper.
- Repeat the steps above until you use up all the batter in the mixing bowl. Make sure that you place some parchment paper in between each crepe in the stack so they don't stick together.
- You can serve these with whipped cream, berries, chocolate syrup, powdered sugar, apple pie filling and anything else that you think would be yummy!! Use your imagination and serve these with whatever toppings/fillings you'd like. 😀
- Category: Dessert