- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (use more if you like it hotter)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 (19 oz) cans red kidney beans
- 2 (28 oz) cans diced tomatoes with herbs and spices
- 1 (5 oz) can tomato paste
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet and drain off the fat.
- Add chopped onions and spices to the ground beef and cook on medium for a few minutes until onions are slightly softened.
- Pour the contents of the skillet into the slow cooker.
- Drain and rinse the kidney beans.
- Add beans, corn, diced tomatoes and tomato paste to the slow cooker. Combine.
- Cook on LOW for 5-6 hours
I use a 5.5 Quart slow cooker
- Category: Main