- 1 bag of cooked shrimp, shelled and de-veined
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 oz grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 – 8 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 6 – 8 fresh oregano sprigs, torn
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- dash of red pepper flakes
- a little less than a pinch of ground ginger
- dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- package of vermicelli rice noodles
- 1/4 tsp liquid from a jar of capers – optional but very yummy!
- Add the following to a wok or medium-high pan: salt, pepper, veggies, shrimp and fresh/dry herbs. Heat for about 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat down and add the garlic to the pan and stir – cook for about 30 seconds being careful to avoid the garlic turning brown.
- Add remaining ingredients (except for the noodles) to the pan and cook for a few min longer. If there doesn’t seem to be enough liquid you can add a little water or some more butter.
- Cook your rice noodles according to the package directions and toss with the contents of the wok or pan.
You can also do this with small scallops and it’s quite good! You can also try it with both scollops and shrimp. 🙂