In today's post I'm sharing with you my super simple creamy cucumber salad recipe!
This is a recipe you might want to double – it's soooo good! 😀
For this recipe, I created a delicious and zesty homemade dressing using a combination of yogurt, vinegar and dill with a little mayonnaise, salt and sprinkle of sugar.
This recipe is so simple and easy to put together.
It's just a matter of chopping your cucumbers (make sure the seeds are removed) and tossing it all together with the rest of the ingredients.
After everything is combined and has chilled for about 30 minutes in the fridge the flavours will mingle together and make something spectacular!
For this recipe, I used plain regular yogurt but you could also try using Greek yogurt to make a thicker dressing. I like it either way and use whatever kind I have on hand. 🙂
If you feel like getting creative and adding some other veggies to this, please do!
The recipe is also great when you include thinly sliced red onion and some olives!
I hope you enjoy this recipe and please let me know in the comments section below if you add any other ingredients and how it turns out for you! 😀
- 3 English cucumbers, peeled, halved and sliced (remove seeds after they've been halved, then chop)
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsps mayonnaise
- 1/2 tbsp dried dill weed
- 1/2 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Prepare the cucumbers by peeling them, then cutting in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scrape out the seeds. It's important to scoop out the seeds in order to remove any of the excess moisture.
- In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients together, very well.
- Place in the fridge to chill for about 30 minutes to give the ingredients a chance to develop their flavour.
- Serve as a side with you favorite dish! 😀