I've said it before but I'll say it again (especially since I'm quite talkative – lol):
Making your own seasoning mixes at home is often a better choice than purchasing jars from the grocery store. Here's why:
- You likely have all the ingredients in your pantry already – so it's less expensive.
- You know exactly what ingredients are in your mix.
- Make as little or as much as you need so you're less likely to end up with stale mix – you make it fresh! 😀
- Mixes help you add a variety of flavours and yummyness to your meals!
Having a good variety of spices and seasonings on hand in the kitchen is a must – especially when it comes to creating inexpensive meals that are both exciting and flavorful! Swapping one seasoning blend for another is an excellent way to make new life to some of your favorite recipes. 😀
One of my all time favorite spice blends has got to be Cajun Seasoning. This stuff is so tasty it works well with practically anything you put it on. It's excellent sprinkled on meats, steamed veggies, used to flavor for sauces and more.
I like to use it on homemade potato wedges and even on classic macaroni and cheese!
Seriously, don't get me start on Cajun Mac & cheese… so good… drooool…
How do you use Cajun Seasoning at home? I'd love to hear from you!
Leave a comment at the bottom of the page letting me know how you use Cajun Seasoning!
Homemade Cajun Seasoning
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: About 1/2 cup of Mix
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp paprika (I used smoked paprika but you can also use the sweet variety)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp oregano leaves
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
- Combine all ingredients in an airtight container.
- Use in recipes as you wish! 😀