Being a mom and having a family pretty much guarantees that time will move much too quickly to get everything done on your to do list. Oh my goodness, I know it well!
On crazy busy days, it’s always nice to have something quick and tasty to put together for lunch. You make it, eat and enjoy – then back to that to do list… maybe… lol
In today's post, I’m going to share with you a delightfully simple and amazingly scrumptious sandwich that’s quick to make when you’re tackling your busy life.
Introducing the Ham and Swiss croissant sandwich!
Have you ever made a croissant sandwich?
If you haven't… just take my word for it… you've gotta make one as soon as possible!! 😀
The flaky texture and “butteryness” (is that a word? Well, it is now!) of the croissant make for an awesome sandwich.
If I could put a special button on this page that would teleport this sandwich directly to you, I would!
Unfortuantely, I don't (yet!) have a button on this page that will teleport food to you, so you'll have to make it for yourself – don't worry it's such a simple recipe! 😀
To make these sandwiches, I used some store bought croissants from the grocery store but if you have a little more time, you could always try making your own using a tube of the refrigerated dough.
After slicing the croissants I layer some crisp lettuce along with some sliced ham, tomatoes, Swiss cheese and some ranch dressing. Yum!
I hope you enjoy this simple sandwich recipe as much as we do!
I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment in the comment section below the recipe! 😀
- 4 slices of Swiss cheese
- 1 (250g/ 9 oz) sliced deli style ham (we like Black Forest Ham but you can use any that you like)
- 4 slices of tomato
- 2 large leaves of curly lettuce, washed and patted dry
- Ranch salad dressing (try my homemade ranch mix!)
- Slice each croissant horizontally using a serrated knife.
- Spread some ranch dressing on the cut sides of the croissants.
- On of the bottom half of the croissant, layer the remaining ingredients in the following order: lettuce, ham, swiss cheese, tomato slices. top part of the croissant.
- Cut the sandwiches and half and serve! 😀