Garlic Parmesan Pasta with Basil and Cherry Tomatoes is an extremely delicious and simple meal you can make in less than 10 minutes!!
Seriously though… 10 minutes is all it takes!
Cooking is my passion but sometimes I just don't have the time or the energy to make something with a lot of steps involved.
This is the kind of meal you can make in no time at all. It's delicious and satisfying with its yummy parmesan, basil, and garlicky flavors.
It goes awesome with a piece of chicken breast or fish (if you've got time for that!), but it's great all on its own too!
When I'm not cooking, crafting or doing my motherly duties I spend quite a lot of time planning and creating content for Dishes and Dust Bunnies. Creating this site has allowed me to meet and connect with lots of wonderful people online – you are one of them!
Since I'm on the topic I might as well just say it…
I appreciate each and every one of you and it makes me feel so honored that you enjoy stopping by the site to take a look at my recipes, crafts, and writing!
Without you, I probably wouldn't have kept up the motivation to keep creating and posting each week. Dishes and Dust Bunnies has become a real passion and has grown so much since I started last summer! I'm excited to see what the site grows into! 🙂
Anyways, since I just spent half this post telling you how much I love you… let's get the focus back on that tasty garlic parmesan pasta!
It's tasty and simple to make and also a great standby for when you don't have much time to make dinner and would rather write a blog post professing the love you have for your readers! 😉
I hope you enjoy the recipe! Please find it below. 🙂
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, cut each in half
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 lb cooked spaghetti
- 1/4 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- pinch of salt
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup reserved water from cooking the pasta
- 1 tsp hot pepper flakes (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to package directions and reserve 1/2 cup of the water and set aside.
- Drain the pasta and set aside.
- Bring a skillet to medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan and give them a stir. Cook them for about 1 minute or until they're softened.
- Add salt and the garlic to the pan. Lower the heat and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Using tongs add the pasta to the skillet and coat with the oil and the tomatoes.
- Add reserved pasta water.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add cheese, bread crumbs and basil and use the tongs to make sure everything is coated.
- Remove from heat and serve.
I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment in the comment section below! 🙂