Try this delicious and easy weeknight Beef Taco Pasta! It's so easy to prepare and you probably already have the ingredients on hand!
I made this yummy pasta one evening for supper when I was having a tough day dealing with some early terrible two's tantrums. It was exactly what I needed that night since it was very easy to put together, delicious and I already had all the ingredients on hand.
In our family we really enjoy spicy food but you can certainly adjust the amount of spices in this recipe to best suite your own taste. My little guy is still too young for much spice so I set aside some of the cooked beef and pasta for him before spices were added. We just used some plain tomato sauce for his portion and it worked out great for him.
I used frozen corn and also some onion in this recipe but you can try adding other diced veggies that you enjoy if you like. Green peppers would make a great addition to this.
Recommended Tools for this recipe:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1-2 tsp taco seasoning (You can always use more if you like!)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- ¾ cup chunky salsa
- 5 oz tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 14 oz bow tie/farfelle pasta
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook your pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Brown ground beef in skillet and drain fat from the pan.
- Add diced onions and remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and then turn heat down to a simmer and let the liquid reduce a bit.
- Once the liquid has reduced a bit add the cooked pasta. Mix everything up until well combined.
- Take the skillet off the heat and put a lid on. Allow to sit for about 5 min before serving.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the pasta once served.