- 1 large English cucumber
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups Greek Yogurt
- Slice the cucumber in half lengthwise.
- Using a spoon scoop out the seeds in the middle and discard.
- Using a grater, finely grate the cucumber into a mesh strainer over a bowl.
- Sprinkle some salt on the cucumber and squeeze out some of the moisture using your hand.
- Allow the cucumber to sit in the strainer for 25-30 minutes to drain any more excess moisture.
- Discard the water that accumulated in the bowl.
- In a medium sized bowl combine all ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the sauce in the fridge for at least 1 hour before using in order to allow the flavors to develop.