Cornbread is another one of those things that have the magically ability to send me right back to the happy times of my childhood.
There's just something so comforting and heartwarming about a good old fashioned cornbread recipe, and I know many of you feel the same way! 😀
This homemade cornbread recipe creates a perfect crisp and golden top with a satisfyingly moist and delicious inside… I know you're going to love it!
Cornbread is such a classic and easy to make side that goes great with just about anything. It's especially wonderful when served warm and fresh from the oven.
Sometimes I serve this with some hearty homemade chili or even just as it is, for a tasty snack. 😀
If you haven't made cornbread before, you'll be happy to know that this is sooooo easy to make!
Just combine your dry ingredients in a bit mixing bowl and then in another bowl, combine all of your wet ingredients. Put the two together, mix it up, pour it into a greased baking dish and put it in the oven.
One of my favorite things (besides devouring it!) is the delicious smell the cornbread fills the house with while it's baking. Smells like home!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
I'd love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment in the comment section below the recipe! 😀
Recommended Tools for this Recipe:
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 1/4 cups cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsps oil
- 2 (14 oz) cans of creamed corn (if you have homemade use 1 2/3 cup)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Grease a 9″x13″ glass baking dish using cooking spray or butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients using a whisk.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine all of the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients and combine using a wooden spoon.
- When you're mixing, make sure everything is combined but don't worry if there are some lumps – that's ok.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking dish and spread evening using the back of your wooden spoon.
- Place into the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes. Use a toothpick to test it's doneness – when the toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle, it's ready.
- Allow the cornbread to cool for about 5 minutes before cutting into 12 squares.