Cheeseburger macaroni is such a delicious and classic meal that the whole family will love!
After making this recipe, you’ll see why this is one of our family favourites!
This delicious skillet meal is loaded with delicious chunks of ground beef, some zesty spices, tomatoes, macaroni pasta, onions and of course some easy and rich homemade cheese sauce.
All of these special little ingredients make for an awesome delicious and filling meal. The cheese in this recipe makes it absolutely irresistible and you’ll have to have a second helping!
Cheeseburger macaroni isn’t cheeseburger macaroni without some creamy cheese sauce added to it. 😛
I make a batch of my easy cheese sauce and then add it to the dish at the end of cooking. This cheese sauce goes wonderful in this dish!
While your pasta is cooking in the skillet with the other ingredients, you can quickly whip up some of this cheese sauce and it will take no time at all.
You can use as much or as little of the cheese sauce as you like in this recipe.
We prefer quite a bit of cheese sauce! Surprise surprise! Lol
While this may not be the most slimming of meals, it certainly is one of the tastiest!
If you makes you feel better, serve this with some salad! 😛
I hope you enjoy this recipe and please let me know in the comments below if you give it a try!Print
- Yield: 8 - 10 servings
- Category: Main
- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 (28 oz) can of diced tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups uncooked macaroni pasta
- Easy Cheese Sauce(Click the link for the recipe and instructions – you can use as much of the cheese sauce as you like in this recipe depending on how cheezy you'd like it!)
- Brown the ground beef on medium meat in a large skillet.
- Drain any fat from the beef.
- Add taco seasoning and onions. Cook for about 5 minutes or until onions have softened.
- Add diced tomatoes and water. Stir to combine.
- Add macaroni pasta to the skillet and stir.
- Increase the heat to bring the contents of the skillet to a boil. Stir.
- Once the contents have come to a boil, cover and reduce the heat to LOW and simmer for about 20 -25 minutes or until pasta has cooked.
- Stir occasionally.
- While the pasta is simmering, prepare the Easy Cheese Sauce.
- Once the pasta has cooked, turn off the heat and stir in the desired amount of cheese sauce.
- Serve right away.