Sometimes life can be complicated. We all have busy lives with so many things on our plates to deal with – sometimes we just don't feel like cooking – even I have those days and I LOVE cooking.
When you don’t feel like cooking and you have a family to feed, this recipe makes for a perfect super simple, easy and delicious meal!
You'll love this recipe for baked chicken Parmesan sliders!
Seriously though, this recipe is so simple you’ll be making it again and again and it’s especially popular with kids – my son loves these mini sandwiches!
First start with a package of dinner rolls/buns and slice them horizontally so you have a sheet of tops and a sheet of bottoms (check out the pictures below to see what I mean). Spritz a glass baking dish with some cooking spray and lay down your “bun bottoms” (am I the only one giggling at the phrase “bun bottoms”? lol)
Lay your chicken tenders on top and pour some marinara or your favorite pasta sauce over top.
Next cover everything with a generous amount of mozzarella and Parmesan!
Yummy yummy yummy!
Once you reach the level of cheesiness you desire, place your bun tops on so it forms a giant sandwich made of tiny sandwiches. lol
Now to make these chicken Parmesan sliders super tasty, melted butter with garlic and some herbs are spread over top.
Place these babies in the oven to bake and this is what you get…
What comes out of the oven is a whole bunch of little irresistible chicken Parmesan sliders with melty cheese and a whole lot of deliciousness!
This recipe is awesome for bringing with you to family gatherings, potluck dinners, or even for when you have unexpected company coming. But, your going to want to make this or just because they are YUMMY! Enjoy! 😀
Recommended ingredients and products for this recipe:
- 12 pack of small dinner rolls (King's Hawiian or similar)
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 1¼ cup pasta sauce
- 10 chicken strips or chicken tenders, cooked according to package directions
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon sage
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Preheat the oven to 3 75°F.
- Spray a glass 9" x 13" baking pan with cooking spray or butter.
- Leaving the dinner rolls intact, slice them right through the middle lengthwise so you have one top and one bottom.
- Please the bottom half of the dinner rolls into the baking dish.
- On top of the bottom layer dinner rolls, arrange the cooked chicken strips so that each slider/sandwich has an equal amount.
- Pour the pasta sauce over the chicken strips.
- Next, sprinkle the mozzarella and parmesan cheese evenly over the pasta sauce.
- Place the top half of the dinner rolls on top to form a "giant" sandwich. lol
- Melt the butter and brush over the top of the dinner rolls.
- Sprinkle with minced garlic, oregano, sage and basil.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake.
- Allow to bake for 30 minutes, then the aluminum foil and kitchen baking uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Once the sliders have finished baking, use a serrated edge knife to cut the sliders apart.
- Serve and enjoy!