Most of you know me as a busy mom, wife and Canadian East Coaster now living in the big city of Toronto. You also know how much I love to cook and share with you the recipes I make for my own family. 🙂
Usually I share with you the recipes I create but today I thought I would do a different kind of post. One where you can get to know me a little better!
This has been one hectic week. In addition to celebrating all the March birthdays, I’ve been in the process of moving Dishes and Dust Bunnies over to a new web host who can handle the large amount of visits I’ve been receiving. With this move, comes all sorts of technological wrinkles to smooth out. I’m glad to say though, the wrinkles are almost smoothed out. 😀
Along with the move to the new host (which will make the site faster, etc) I have lots of improvements and plans for Dishes and Dust Bunnies coming in the near future and I can’t wait to share them with you!
You’re going to love what’s coming in the next couple of months!
Thanks again to you and all my readers for the continued support. It means so much to me that you enjoy visiting the site and trying my recipes! 😀
Now, onto those juicy details! haha
10 Things you Probably Didn’t Know About Me
1. One of my proudest moments was when I directed a full theatrical production back in university. Being involved in theatre and acting has been a passion of mine for a long time and I miss the experience. In the future when I have more time, I hope to get involved in community theatre so I can do it again. 🙂
2. I enjoy pretty much any kind of music. Anything from from bluegrass and classic country all the way to electronica and hardcore metal.
3. I’m known to be extremely talkative and friendly. While most people would think I’m an outgoing person, I actually talk a lot since I’m a little shy! There’s something about silence that makes me nervous. lol
4. When I was a little girl I used to cut the pictures of food and desserts out of magazines to create my own “Yummy Books”. I would spend so much time pasting the images into my notebooks and LOVED doing it. I’m pretty sure this is where my blogging about food started!
5. I hate to admit it but, as much as I love to be neat and tidy, I’m a bit of a clutter bug. I sometimes have a hard time throwing away things that might be useful later. I’m sure many of you feel the same though! 🙂
6. Although I’ve been blogging here at Dishes and Dust Bunnies since 2014, I’ve been playing around with html and web design as a hobby since I was in middle school. At the time I had no idea that my hobby would eventually lead me to become a full time blogger!
7. When we got married, my husband and I wanted to keep the wedding as frugal as possible. We still wanted to have an awesome wedding so we had to be creative. I even sewed my own wedding dress from $40 of material and it was gorgeous! It was fairy tale themed and you can see my dress in this old post here. 🙂 Frugal and inexpensive doesn’t have to mean “cheap”!
8. Just like my love for music, I have a very wide appreciation for all kind of movies and film. Some of my favorite movies are An American Tail, The Secret of NIHM, Batman Returns, The Game, and Moulin Rouge. I even have a love for some ‘weird’ surrealist art films by Jan Švankmajer. If you’re looking for something weird, unusual and entertaining to watch – his films would be it! haha
[ezcol_1half]9. I LOVE peanut butter… and dill pickles. Call me weird, but if you give me dill pickles along with my peanut butter to make a sandwich, I’ll love you forever! haha… yes, I’m serious! (I can’t be alone in this! Please let me know in the comments section below if you’re also a pickle/peanut butter sandwich lover! lol)
10. I’ve been collecting rocks, fossils and minerals since I was a kid and now have a nice little collection. My favorite gem is amethyst since it’s purple, my favorite color. 🙂
BONUS: Here’s an old post showing my wild teen style! Enjoy! haha
I hope you enjoyed learning a little more about me in this post! 😀
I’d love to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment in the comment section below! 🙂